Explore

About me

Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie..

Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... Love reading books- sometimes i read 3books simultaneously, crazy about music- need it all around me, all the time and ofcourse, i totally am ga ga goo goo over my 7yr old naughty brat- Floppy!! errr, Prince Floppy!! :)

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Napier Bridge, Madras

Yet another famous landmark in Chennai,my home is The Napier Bridge. It is also known as the "Iron Bridge" . This bridge was constructed in honor of Lord Napier who was the Governor of Fort St. George , Madras Presidency.
It was built in 1869 across the Coovum river by Governor Napier who held this office from 1866 to 1877.
The bridge connects the Marina beach with Fort St George....



Today, every time you drive past the bridge towards the beach or away, the architecture, the sunlight streaming through the gaps will make you pause and reflect....

1 comment:

Leave your footprint so i know you visited.. Thank you..