Out of the blue, well, not really out of the blue, one day about a week ago I spotted a tweet from @Blogadda saying “one more slot available for anyone who wishes to review the Indica vista D90” and the sneaky me clicked on reply and sent “me”, and the rest as you know is what happened. Oh, you don’t know? Well, I received a mail from Blog Adda and the dates were fixed. I would have the “yet to be launched” TataIndica Vista D90 for 3days, 28th through to 30th Jan.. Wow, this was yet another 1st time opportunity and experience for me.
This was a campaign that Blog Adda was doing in association with TATA Motors to promote the new TATA Indica #VistaD90 using bloggers across the country. The bright shiny red #VistaD90 arrived home Monday noon, and the excitement within mounted. I had checked if the vehicle was available around a weekend but was told this was the only free slot. As they say [wonder who that ‘they’ is] beggars cant be choosers… bla bla… How I would have loved to have done a weekend trip in this beauty!!
That evening, piled the entire family in, well, not entire- grandparents and mom [yes, all 3 sad in the back seat, comfortably without having to kill anyone] and we headed towards Marina Beach. Felt nice, almost like I owned the car [if only]. The bright red caused quite a few heads to turn, no no one crashed into a light pole like they show in those TV ads. I fidgeted with the various features, tried out the rear view adjust knob, paired my phone in the music system, made and received calls, played music, and even tried cheating by not wearing the seat belt to see if there was a alarm waiting to sneak up on me, which it did..
From the wide roads, we squiggled our way into the narrow road off Greams road towards Haji Ali. Phew, no scratches or glitches. *Wipes invisible sweat off the brow*.
The next day, it was time to rope in the bestie and her little munchkin for a ride. The little one made my day and month and maybe life by asking “this red car is yours Aarti? It is nicer than the other silver one you have”:D Like a girl strutting around showing off a new dress, I showed off the car here and there...talking to people, getting their inputs, hearing several sides to a coin.
Oh, how can I forget? It was thanks to the Vista D90 that i made a trip down to Vadapalani to pay my friend a surprise visit at her newly opened pastry store. Some of the streets made me flinch, wondering if it was a bad mistake bringing the car out here, but then I live to tell the tale.. :-) We picked up a few treats and got home with a big smile.
Some of the cool features in this hatchback are
- The neat rear view mirror adjusting knob placed near the driver’s side
- The Drive information system that is quite informative and handy
- Good space and legroom in the backseat
- The dashboard, one of which displays the kms left on the fuel along with the clock and temperature. This also displays the avg mileage.
- The music system and speakers. They are definitely an improvement over the previous versions.
- The powerful AC, it got cold quite rapidly and i had to tone it down.
- The light around the key slot .Cool thing, you don’t have to fumble for it in the dark
- Am nearly 6ft tall, so for someone of my height to sit comfortably in the driver’s seat it is a bit of a challenge. Head grazes against the roof and it is not a comfortable feeling
- Lack of space to store things- like a water bottle or the phone. No pouch behind the driver & passenger seat either.
Well, am sure this car would have quite a few takers, given that it is a sleek model, fitted with the same engine as the Fiat and the Manza interiors.
To know more about what some of the others bloggers thought, follow #vistad90 on twitter !!!