Explore

About me

Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie..

Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... Love reading books- sometimes i read 3books simultaneously, crazy about music- need it all around me, all the time and ofcourse, i totally am ga ga goo goo over my 7yr old naughty brat- Floppy!! errr, Prince Floppy!! :)

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Off to explore a new destination...

Its been a few weeks since I got back from my last trip, which was with my girl friends. We headed to Gujarat- wandering around in Baroda... It is already time for my next trip. I know what you are thinking- this girl has wheels on her feet.  I wish! I do love to travel and dont get to do it as often as I would enjoy, and so when the opportunity strikes, I make a beeline for it. 

This trip just fell into place within a few weeks. It wasn't really on my plan for this year, but then when the red carpet is being laid out, it is but to put on them glittery sneakers and waltz on them, right? That is exactly what am doing. After the initial emotional high wore out, I began to plan the trip, figure out where all I wanna go, what I wanna do, who I wanna meet.. 

What is different about this trip? 

For one, it is the longest holiday I have ever taken, most of them were either weekend or max 5-6days.. I am gonna miss Floppy, and hope he behaves without troubling family too much... 

Trust me when I tell you this trip involved lot more hours of planning and research than any of my earlier ones have. Maybe because it is a big country, and one I haven't been to before. I could go here, do this, or maybe go there and do that, but then what about the other one.. hahaha.. Ya ya that is how puzzled I was. 

I have had to pack more than I have ever packed in my life. More clothes, more this and that.. and then there is the deal about carrying stuff for people... 

Spending more than I ever have on a trip, it did pinch initially. But then, what the heck- I deserve this holiday and am gonna indulge in it... 

Finally, things are in place. No fixed itinerary, just a general plan in the head with a few items from my bucket list waiting to be ticked off. 

While I do know people all over, I am being selective about who I spend time with, or which area I am visiting.. :-) [lucky folks, right?..lol]

The few who know of the trip have been quite excited and helpful [as always], some are my pillars while others have shared inputs and tips. And then there are a few who are on the fence, they are happy but not sure if they want to share it with me. Oh well, no sweat... 

So, I fly in a few hours and shall be in that country till mid May.. Yabadabadoooeeee... Shall keep updating this space as I go along... 




5 comments:

  1. Fantastic. I saw from the comments that you're in the US..Good luck - and have fun exploring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast dear Aarathi! Look forward to you're shares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i must say about myself i am fond of traveling and want to visit places like this really a nice post waiting for the next.Thank you
    taj mahal moonlight tour
    overnight agra tour

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really find my self comfort while traveling so many unique places thank you so much for all
    Day trip to Taj Mahal
    Same Day Agra Tour By Train
    Golden Triangle Tour 3 Days

    ReplyDelete
  5. travelling with friends can be amazing.Travelling in iteself is a amazing thing. its amazing to read such a momentful experience looking forward to read such more beautiful experiences .
    thanku. and blessings to many more beautiful trips ahead

    ReplyDelete

Leave your footprint so i know you visited.. Thank you..