Explore

About me

Am a contradiction of sorts. i love going out and having a good time with friends, and i can also stay home chill out over a book or a movie..

Am very passionate about writing, so give me a topic and watch me float away into wonderland... Love reading books- sometimes i read 3books simultaneously, crazy about music- need it all around me, all the time and ofcourse, i totally am ga ga goo goo over my 7yr old naughty brat- Floppy!! errr, Prince Floppy!! :)

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Flags across Sikkim


Since the trip to Leh, Ladakh I have been in love with the prayer flags dancing to the wind... In Sikkim too, I saw them everywhere.. Some parts of the mountain,  have a row of single coloured flags, most of them are white and then in other places there are multi coloured flags.. Near the lake and mountains, saw plenty of smaller flags [like in Leh]... 

Some interesting facts about these flags that I learnt during both the trips,

~The Flags are of 8 different colours, each with a specific significance~The flags should never touch the ground~There are vertical and horizontal flags
~The flags should also be dancing in the wind, they shouldnt be still.~If the colour on the flag fades it is actually a good omen~These flags are best received as a gift..

Here are some flags from the trip 
[some might be blurred, cos I tried clicking them from moving car]... 











1 comment:

Leave your footprint so i know you visited.. Thank you..